Advent Counseling Solutions was formed in 2010 when owner Drew Routh saw a growing number of youth, families and individuals who needed compassionate and practical counseling services that provided immediate impacts and lasting results.
Prior to starting Advent, Drew spent over 10 years at Intercept Youth Services where he served as a Director responsible for program development and management, supervising clinical services in multiple programs, strategic planning and overseeing the day-to-day operations of full-service residential treatment programs across the state of Virginia.
Since then he has provided counseling services for Footsteps Christian Counseling Center, Good Neighbor Counseling and many other programs. In addition to his current role at Advent Counseling Solutions he serves as Director at The Virginia Home for Boys and Girls in Richmond.
Drew draws upon his extensive background managing successful clinical and residential programs and also consults with programs around Central Virginia to help implement strategic changes to run programs more efficiently and ensure clients are receiving the best services.
He holds a masters in Rehabilitation Counseling from Medical College of Virginia at VCU and a B.S. in Psychology from Radford University. He completed post-graduate coursework at Liberty University and received his Licensed Professional Counselor designation in 2005.
His specific areas of expertise include:
- Biblically based counseling, one of the few Christian counselors in the Midlothian area
- Family and marriage counseling
- Individual counseling for all ages
- Work with special needs cases including intellectually disabled
- Extensive experience working with at risk youth, their families and program managers
- Analyzing existing residential programs and developing strategic action plans for future growth